Release 0.16.0rc2 (2018-07-03)
Cherry picks: + 4c9a0c82d308d5df5c524e2a26644022ff525f3e: reduce the size of bazel's embedded jdk
- The $(ANDROID_CPU) Make variable is not available anymore. Use $(TARGET_CPU) after an Android configuration transition instead.
- The $(JAVA_TRANSLATIONS) Make variable is not supported anymore.
- Skylark structs (using struct()) may no longer have to_json and to_proto overridden.
- The mobile-install --skylark_incremental_res flag is no longer available, use the --skylark flag instead.
- android_local_test now takes advantage of Robolectric's binary resource processing which allows for faster tests.
- Allow @ in package names.
- Option --glibc is removed, toolchain selection relies solely on --cpu and --compiler options.
- Build support for enabling cross binary FDO optimization.
- The --distdir option is no longer experimental. This option allows to specify additional directories to look for files before trying to fetch them from the network. Files from any of the distdirs are only used if a checksum for the file is specified and both, the filename and the checksum, match.
- Java coverage works now with multiple jobs.
- Flip default value of --experimental_shortened_obj_file_path to true, Bazel now generates short object file path by default.
- New rules for importing Android dependencies:
aar_import_external enables specifying external AAR dependencies using a list of HTTP URLs for the artifact.
aar_maven_import_external enables specifying external AAR dependencies using the artifact coordinate and a list of server URLs.
- The BAZEL_JAVAC_OPTS environment variable allows arguments, e.g., "-J-Xmx2g", may be passed to the javac compiler during bootstrap build. This is helpful if your system chooses too small of a max heap size for the Java compiler during the bootstrap build.
- --noexpand_configs_in_place is deprecated.
- A tool to parse the Bazel execution log.
- Support for LIPO has been fully removed.
- Remove support for --discard_actions_after_execution.
- Add --materialize_param_files flag to write parameter files even when actions are executed remotely.
- Windows default system bazelrc is read from the user's ProgramData if present.
- --[no]allow_undefined_configs no longer exists, passing undefined configs is an error.
Notice: Bazel installers contain binaries licensed under the GPLv2 with Classpath exception. Those installers should always be redistributed along with the source code.
Some versions of Bazel contain a bundled version of OpenJDK. The license of the bundled OpenJDK and other open-source components can be displayed by running the command
bazel license. The vendor and version information of the bundled OpenJDK can be displayed by running the command
bazel info java-runtime. The binaries and source-code of the bundled OpenJDK can be downloaded from our mirror server.
Security: All our binaries are signed with our public key 48457EE0.
Index of files